West County Continuing Education Center Spring 2011 Offerings
As you many of you know, we have operated an off-campus satellite center for many years at Lindbergh High School in south St. Louis County. Recently, we acquired a new building near the intersection of Manchester and I-270 and we moved our credit course operation to this site beginning in the Fall 2009 Semester. We would like to invite you to learn more of what our West County Continuing Education Center can do for you.
This is a beautiful building that has been completely renovated with the adult student in mind, including adult furniture, refreshment area, state-of-the-art technology, and wireless access. I know that if you enroll in an off-campus College of Education course at this site, you will be very pleased—and comfortable.
I hope that you take advantage of the courses we offer at this site (see below). You will notice that the facility is centrally-located and easy to get to from anywhere in the St. Louis metropolitan area. In addition, neither parking nor student activity fees are charged for courses taken off campus.
As you consider courses each semester, visit our website at www.umsl.edu/teachers to learn more about courses offered near you, or online. Your time is valuable, and with the price of gasoline, any savings in commute-times can add up quickly over the semester.
We hope to see you at our West County Continuing Education Center!
All classes will meet January 19 – May 15, 5:30 – 8:10 p.m. on the day indicated by each course.
- 10591 CNS ED 3220* – Counseling Individuals with Special Needs [ Tuesdays ]
- 10600 CNS ED 6220 – Current Issues in Counseling Special Needs [ Tuesdays ]
- 10597 CNS ED 6030 – Foundations for Multicultural Counseling [ Wednesdays ]
- 10598 CNS ED 6040 – Group Procedures in Counseling [ Tuesdays ]
- 10625 CNS ED 6700 – Introduction to Addictive Behaviors & Addiction Counseling [ Wednesdays ]
- 13267 CNS ED 6720 – Counseling the Individuals with Co-Occurring Disorders [ Mondays ]
- 14318 ED ADM 6404 – Collective Negotiations in Educational Organizations [ Mondays 4:15 – 6:55 p.m. ]
- 13316 ED PSY 2212* – Introduction to Learners and Learning [ Wednesdays ]1
Educational Research & Evaluation Methods
- 11001 ED REM 6040 – Educational Research for Teachers [ Wednesdays ]
- 11016 ED REM 6750 – Advanced Research Design in Education [ Tuesdays ]
Early Childhood Education
- 10682 ECH ED 3300* – Introduction to Early Childhood Education [ Mondays ]
- 10684 ECH ED 3332* – Literacy, Learning, & Instruction for the Young Child [ Thursdays ]
- 11039 ELE ED 3389* – Classroom-Based Assessment to Guide Literacy Instruction [ Tuesdays ]
- 11043 ELE ED 4246* – Teaching Mathematics in the Elementary School [ Tuesdays ]
- 14321 TCH ED 2209* – Foundations of Teaching in American Schools [ Mondays ]
- 12907 TCH ED 2212* – Introduction to Learners and Learning [ Wednesdays ]2
Trackback from your site.